Dave aka “Simmo”, is Tenzing’s Finance Director. He’s responsible for the financial, legal and compliance operations of the firm and its funds.
Dave considers himself the Kevin Costner to the deal team’s Whitney Houston, providing the firm with both the support and a secure environment in which to perform to the highest level and drive growth within each of its investments.
Private Equity flows through his veins having worked in the industry since leaving University, spending years learning his trade at the UK Mid-Market PE Firm, Phoenix Equity Partners.
After completing an MBA at Warwick Business School in 2018, he joined the Tenzing family having fallen head over heels with the ambitious and collaborative nature ingrained in the team.
- Building friendships at work – life is so much more rewarding when you can share your work life and achievements with the colleagues you consider friends and even family.
- Sports – probably more golf than football or tennis these days. Tends to follow his heart rather than his head (evident in his fantasy football team)
- Always backs the underdog – favourite football players were Emile Heskey and Peter Crouch (see above)
- The mountains – look at his picture, he’s not a fan of the sun.
Books & Music
- Loves telling Alexa to play songs from [insert any year from the 80s]
- Ludovico Einaudi
- Robert Palmer
- The Strokes
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven, Mitch Alborn
- The Master and Margarita, Mikhail Bulgakov
TV & Film
- Alan Partridge
- Flight of the Conchords
- Game of Thrones
- The Intouchables (2011)
- Star Trek
- Saving Private Ryan